Monday, May 12, 2008

Finished - almost

I need to backtrack a little bit and redo the neck and collar for Mariah. I used the tubular bind off (which turned out really awesome, BTW), and tried the jacket on. The neckline is huge, and not nearly high enough. I'm going to do more research, but from what I've gleaned so far I really need to decrease more, from 164 stitches to about 100. It's only 16 more rows, then another 30 for the collar, and then I should be in decent shape. I have noticed that people had problems with the size of the neckline on the pattern, and I'm not sure that it was completely addressed with the corrections. However, it may also have to do with my gauge, since I haven't really checked that out yet.

The good news is that the rest of the jacket fits just right, so if I can fix the neck I should be in excellent shape :) I'm still pondering a button band - I think it would probably be the best solution for me and the way the sweater fits me. And the yarn washed up soooo nicely :)

Our new washer has a "handwash" setting, which seems to work splendidly with all my handknits and handwashable garments. It's so nice to have a "cheater" way to wash my clothes.

While waiting for my sweater to dry so I can tink back the collar, I got started on my Vintage sock kit in Claret. I got over the initial mental retardation with the leaf portion of the pattern last night, so I should be able to breeze through the rest of the leaves pretty easily. They're just so darn cute!

No comments: